Monday, January 28, 2013

Of Cautious Optimism and Tempered Exuberance

     Last night I was privileged to meet wonderful new friends courtesy of the love of my life (ehem!). It was in a very lovely home somewhere in San Juan. So I was introduced to CC, who owns the lovely home and the rest of the gang (whose names I remember but would not dare mention since I have no permission to do so). Drinks were served and small talks were exchanged and there after, the night's agenda was laid. The discussion started about what everyone is looking forward to the year 2013. I'm not going to dig into what each one said since this will be aired via podcast anyway (yes, ang showbiz lang di ba! Watch out for it on iTunes!) but what struck me most were the terms "Cautious Optimism" and "Tempered Exuberance". Being a very mental person I always (well, most of the time) think things through before making a major decision. And so these notion of being "cautious yet optimistic" sounded more skeptic. More so of being "temperately exuberant". My very "mental" mind says, "it does not compute, illogical!". How can you be moderately energetic? Or careful yet be positive about it? There has to be some negativity there, right?

Tempered Exuberance - distance from the ground should only 
be about 4 feet high and arms only very slightly outstretched.
Anything more than that, you'll be overly exuberant! =) 
photo borrowed from www.phocabulary.com  
photo borrowed from 
    
    


   
     And yet again, 2012 and 2013 events would not really compute mentally for me either so why question the oxymoronic notions? So taking off from what I said last night of 2012 being about re-learning gratitude, love and celebration then making great things happen and 2013 being able to make great new beginnings happen, I dare say, 2013 is a year for new beginnings. A year for new adventures , new prospects, new lives and new loves. However, these things do come at a risk. Whatever that is and how great that risk may be would vary from person to person. But indeed, 2013 is also a year to apply your lessons from 2012 so you become as careful as possible without being too delusional. It's all about maintaining your balance. And the gauge for a balanced life, I've learned in my experience is subjective. Mine for one is about the very basic emotion - love, trust and respect. That is how I plan to balance my year.

     

Excess: I am proud to say I've found my balance right now. I'm starting my year right by marking today as a special day career wise and relationship wise. To you Mahal, you inspire me to be the best that I can be. I've never been happier. I love you! #justhavetosayit 

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge